FlexiChoice provides flexible support services in the home, the community and workplace settings, either individually or in a small groups.
We also offer our own large Recreational Activity Base situated in a fully accessible setting where staff are free to utilise resources to suit the Service User.
FlexiChoice believes in connecting people. Our leisure, vocational and life skill activities provide an opportunity to socialise and enjoy positive experiences with others.
We provide assistance to further develop existing interests, and encouragement to expand community networks and explore new opportunities, i.e. joining local clubs, volunteering and involvement in community events.
Often people have existing community connections when they join our service which we work alongside. We can also, link you with other support services or assist you in creating new community connections.
We have a great team of friendly, adaptable and cooperative support workers of all ages, who are carefully matched with the person they support. We value their diverse individual skills and training backgounds which they bring to our service and use in their daily provision of support to suit your individual needs.
Whether you require support coordination, financial plan management or disability support, our experience ensures you will have a positive experience.
Our staff are well trained for disability support with years of experience, plus a wide range of background skills in areas of Education: (teaching, vocational training, literacy & numeracy), Health & Welbeing: (nursing, occupational therapy, yoga, fitness and sports), Arts & Crafts: (dance, music, theatre, visual arts, sewing).
Tess and I would like to express our heart felt gratitude to you and your wonderful staff for looking after Annie while Tess had a well earned holiday.
Firstly, to yourself for organising the funds which no one else was able to do! Secondly, to your office staff for organising the carers for the dreaded morning shift. And last of all to your wonderful wonderful carers, Sonya, Trudy and Roseanne for sitting by Annie all through those early morning hours THANKS.
With Kind Regards
Jim & Tess. Wilson
PS. Thank God we found you Guys!
FlexiChoice is required to meet the Human Services Quality Standards (HSQS).
Below is the professional summary of our performance after our most recent audit January 2018:
2018 - HSQS Audit Report (Human Services Quality Standards)
Recommendation to certification body
In accordance with the JAS-ANZ HSQF Scheme requirements, the audit team recommends to the CB that FlexiChoice be awarded certification against the Human Services Quality Standards. The recommended period of certification is for 18 months commencing from the decision date of the CB.
In accordance with rating and attainment principles, I recommend the organisation: be awarded certification or maintain certification
FlexiChoice maintains a highly effective management system that ensures positive outcomes for all people with disabilities they support.
FlexiChoice provides a range of group activities to service users but has also supported the team to expand these activities. They now include Cooking, Music, Art Therapy and exercise. The premises is a vibrant place to visit. They run several relevant activities on site. They are well-known in the local community and are establishing good local contacts for provision of services and expertise.
The organisation is led by a devoted and professional team, supported by Board of Management that appears to be experienced. They have engaged the expertise of a Business Advisor who assists the organisation strategize and plan for NDIS
Business and management systems are regularly reviewed to ensure established process and procedures are followed. The effectiveness of these systems was verified during the audit and supported by the findings of the appropriate assessments undertaken
The organisational planning process ensures regular review of documentation to maintain alignment with industry best practice.
Feedback from stakeholder interviews confirms the high priority placed on safety and well-being. Documented evidence was sighted including risk assessments, site safety checks, meeting minutes and incident / accident investigations.
Continuous improvement is maintained and demonstrated by records in the Coordinators Report as a set an agenda item
All staff interviewed as part of the audit demonstrated commitment to the values of the organisation and an understanding of their role in enabling the people who use FlexiChoice’s services to achieve their personal goals.
Staff are supported by well documented HR systems and process that ensure all staff are well trained and maintain the qualification required for their positions.
The audit identified some of the following organisational strengths:
• A committed Board and management with clear strategy, objectives and focus in a changing business environment.
• Management and staff were also aware, and able to give examples, of maintaining the rights, safety and dignity of clients supported by the Service.
• Feedback from clients was positive during interviews stating the Service is responsive to any concerns raised and that they are helpful and courteous and expectations are met or exceeded.
• Risk management, incident and complaints and reporting processes are well embedded at centres visited.
• Considerable investment is being made in technology and improvements in process and measuring outcomes.
• Feedback during interviews with staff regarding service delivery indicated support and collaboration with front line staff from senior management is reported as excellent.
Name: Paul Larcombe
Date: 2nd February 2018
BSI Group Australia
"Congratulations to everyone at FlexiChoice – your service brings joy and laughter to people’s lives with the very creative outings, social events and caring support. The support workers are so kind and generous in spirit in their work with clients. Well done!"
Advocate - Rights in Action Inc - Independent Advocacy for people with disabilities
"I always celebrate your organisation as an example of just how wonderful service delivery can be for clients when people care AND are willing to go just that little extra step to make a difference. I can’t thank you enough that I don’t have to invest effort to convince people to give things a go when I’m working with you and your team. You back things up and encourage+++."
Senior Occupational Therapist & Director - Enable Occupational Therapy in Mental Health Pty Ltd
"You guys clearly apply inclusion, but more importantly than that, it is evident that you hold the Service Users and making a real difference, as the priority and at the heart of all that you do."
- "We are very happy with Flexi’s support"
- "Happy with the way service is run"
- "We love our support worker. She is wonderful"
- "Keep up what is happening. Could not improve on a wonderful & caring service."
- "Worker doesn't get involved but shows care in my personal life."
- “I am very happy with the care and concern of the Coordinator and staff. Thanks"
- Flexible. Strong bond with staff. Happy and Fun Environment. Change.
- The amazing staff members are what make Flexi great. I’m proud to be a member of such an awesome team.
- Encouraging SU in life skills.
- Good staff.
- Their organisational skills and actives they offer. Even if working solo far away, still feel the support and help.
- Encouraging clients to reach their full potential for themselves and in society.
- The great team we have.
- Flexibilty and encouragement and we all support each other whether it be clients or support workers.
- Family means everything.
- That our premises has a nice unique feeling of freedom, not restrictive, a good atmosphere.
- Flexibility. Very experienced staff.